“The Kungfu of Nursing” is a program tailored for those in the front lines of healing, and we just did our second installment a week ago. Nursing is a dangerous, exhausting profession and some “love-based martial art” is an immediate boost. The success we have had in transmitting some high-level gongfu to those who need it most has been really encouraging. While, it is certainly true that gongfu takes time and diligence to cultivate, there are some skills that can be learned and used…FAST. But even if you are not in the business of saving lives on a daily basis, you will find this stuff amazingly valuable in whatever you do.
- Presence. The ability to occupy space and time is essential to performance of any kind. Some people seem to have “it.” Most don’t. What if you knew a few simple tricks to crank up your ability to be IN THIS PLACE. AT THIS TIME? Not as a result of a lengthy meditation, or as a response to a crisis, but just because you wanted to. (This is a game changer.)
- Effortless Power. Tap into your inner Jedi. Taijiquan insists that we eschew crude muscular strength in favor of jin, “internal energy that is directed by consciousness and manifested by the body. Learn how to amplify your effective power instantly, even under duress. (This is stuff I learned while competing in tournaments. It worked then. It works even better now.)
- Rooting. “Energetically connecting with the earth.” Most of us have been subconsciously pushing against the pull of gravity since we first learned to stand up. The net effect is to reduce the flow of earth qi to a trickle. Without a substantial earth connection we are unable to properly ground our energy, leading to a noisy mind. Rooting plugs you into the BIG QI and the limitless energy of earth and sky. (Note: We’re not just blowing smoke here. This is testable stuff. You are going to FEEL IT.)
- Transform Fear into Love. We are teaching “Love-based Martial Arts”…not just because it’s a “nice thing to do.” We do it because it is effective. Fear takes us out of the game. Love gets us back in.
- Authentic Soul-to-Soul Connections. This is the message of Finding You in a World of It. Learn how to shift from a primarily “Object-based Consciousness” to “Non-objective Awareness” by Meeting each other reciprocally with our whole being.
- Plus other cool stuff that invariably pops up amidst the hugs and the laughter.